- Over 25 years of business development, sales, and operations experience
- Strong marketing management background
- Involved with the investment community and public markets
- Has invested extensively in early stage tech companies
Poul Sorensen, MD, PhD, CSO
Internationally renowned physician-scientist and molecular pathologist specializing in cancer genetics and biology.
Dr. Sorensen’s lab made an early-stage discovery that led to the development of Bayer’s FDA-approved cancer drug Vitrakvi®.
Johal Endowed Chair in Childhood Cancer Research Professor of Pathology at the University of British Columbia (UBC).
Bloom Burton Award winner, 2019
AACR Team Science Award, 2021
Order of British Columbia, 2021
Anne-Chloe Dhez, PhD, Scientist
- PhD scientist in Dr. Poul Sorensen’s research laboratory at the BC Cancer Research Centre, a UBC-affiliated research institute
- Strong background in molecular therapeutics
- Lead scientist, preclinical development
Scientific Advisory Board
Dr. Sham is the project manager for the Gut4Health Microbiome Core at BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute and a board member for the Canadian Society of Intestinal Research (CSIR). He was awarded a CIHR fellowship to continue his training as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital where he studied the therapeutic potential of small lipid molecules against lung inflammation. Dr. Sham is an expert in mucosal immunology especially on the interplay between the bacteria and host and the impact of microbiome in driving human diseases. He also has experience in developing new drugs for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer in the industry.